Job Description for Sales Manager
Position Title: Sales Manager
Reports To: General Manager
You are responsible to develop business through pro-active direct sales online and offline marketing, appointment calls and tours of the hotel. Also develops strategic action plans for hotels to drive measurable, incremental sales revenue.
Identify areas of opportunity in performance and recommend tools and sales training to optimize performance of sales team. Additionally work with hotel teams to identify skill development areas and properly deploy sales and marketing resources.
Sales Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Corporate and Travel Agent Room Sales for the hotel.
- Clear understanding of the hotels business strategies then set goals and to determine action plans to meet those goals.
- Update action plans and marketing financial objectives quarterly.
- Identify new markets and business opportunities and increase sales.
- Represent Hotels in various events and exhibition.
- Implements all sales action plans related to market areas as outlined in the marketing plan.
- Conducts daily sales calls and arrange site inspection trips to hotels by corporate clients.
- Able to provide Quick and timely responses, immediate communication to the properties, develop professional long term business relationships.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
- Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (generating proposal, Corporate Rate Application letter, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Able to supports hotels service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Work closely with Revenue Manager to ensure proposed rate negotiations meet the financial needs of the hotels.
- Develop strong relationships with on property front office team to ensure working in unity and always striving to achieve the same goals.
- Accompany sales team on sales calls to potential clients to assist in development of the account and to access the effectiveness and sales skills of the sales person.
- Assess additional training needs based on data gathered and interaction with sales team from property visits.
- Attending all department and hotel meetings as necessary.
- Targeting key accounts potential for the company.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
- Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Acquiring and developing new business accounts and preparing sales proposals for clients.
- Closely following up on all business leads within a 24 hour response time line to clients.
- Proven success in a similar role and environment.
- Empathy towards your customers and colleagues.
- Pride and attention to detail.
- Polished personal presentation with Warm, confident and hospitable personality.
- 3 year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in the hotel sales and marketing in Bali area or related professional area.