To measure the success of a marketing plan done by the sales and marketing department, all marketing stratigies need to be carefully measured. You need to to identify if marketing efforts were successful, cost effective and also the data can be used for future marketing activities.
All marketing activities need to be evaluated regularly to corrective actions can be taken time to time throughout the marketing cycle. These is some key of monitoring methods use for assessing the marking plan:
1) Market Segment Report: All market segments need to be tagged correctly to the reservation action. Example, bookings generated by corporates, relocation, leisure, etc are tagged to the each reservation in order to identify which market segment the bookings were generated.
2) Source Segment Report: All booking generated via any booking source segments need to be tagged correctly to the reservation. Example, bookings by email, phone calls, website, booking portal etc are tagged to the each reservation in order to identify from which source segment the bookings were generated.
3) PROMO codes: Using promotional codes for marketing activity can help the sales team to track the number of conversations happening directly with the result of such marketing campaign.
4) Voucher codes: Using vouchers for marketing activities can help the sales team to track the number of conversations happening directly with the result of a marketing campaign.
5) Online advertisement: If your marketing strategy are using Google Adwords, Linkedin Ads, Facebook Ads, Twitter Promoted Tweet, email marketing then you should also can track them using Google analytics tools or other similar analytics tools. This tools will help you to setup marketing Goals, Campaign codes, Campaign Medium for effective visits tracking and also helps your team to track your Return of Investment (ROI) for online promotions.